Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.

Hello, I have a cockerspaniel she is 15 years old and has

Hello, I have a cockerspaniel she is 15 years old and has so many of these wart like lumps all over and from my understanding this breed and only a few others tend to get them with age .I would like to know the name of these please . Also I hate the fact that they also bleed and before you know it she has so many dried up blood ball scabs its very annoying and is there anything I can do so they don't bleed or stop the bleeding
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

The wart like lump you are describing is called "Sebaceous Gland Hyperplasia." This is when the glands found in the skin develop rapidly and become like a growth. If they become infected/irritated we can surgically remove them. If they bleed you can apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Hi Betty,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Nikko. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the little bumps are not sebaceous it has another name the cockerspaniel breed and only a few others get these with age I want to know the name and the ones my cockerspaniel has they also bleed is there any way I can keep them from bleeding ? I also would like to know the name of this condition

Betty, there are many other types of skin tumors that can affect cocker spaniel's, there is no tumor that would be exclusive to this breed, other types are plasmacytomas, mast cell tumors, etc. You would need a fine needle aspirate or biopsy to determine the exact type. The only way to stop them from becoming irritated and bleeding is by surgical removal.

Dr. Peter