Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.
I'll see what I can do to help!
1. to penetrate further through an obese patient, you would want to increase the kVp by 15%
Thank you so much! I thought that might be the answer, but wasn't to sure
2. I think that c. is correct--a light flasher would be used to get the ID stamp on the film if you aren't using digital radiography.
3. the heart is above the diaphragm, closer to the head, so CRANIAL is the correct term
4. positive contrast is radiopaque and shows up white; radiolucent is negative contrast and shows up dark.
5. not legal unless it is labelled, so d.
ok that makes sense
6. if they are in dorsal, they are on their back and the x-ray would first go though their ventral side.
7. The TL junction is where the thoracic vertebrae "become" the lumbar vertebrae and the most common area fo spinal injury.
8. you want to measure the thickest part of the body being radiographed, so b. is the answer.
9. My CVT and I both think the best answer is b. caudal.
10. You want to try and take thoracic rads on peak inhalation (although what you get is often not that!)
Wow, thank you so much! You just answered all of my questions
I hope that you answered them before I did! :) Where are you going for tech school?
by some questions I was way off, but the other ones I was guessing, but wasn't sure if it was the right answer
I'm going to Animal Behavior College for Veterinary Assistant
I did =) was guessing 5 answers right, and 5 wrong
Best go back over that chapter, then! :)
okay I will! Thank you so much again and have a wonderful weekend! I appreciate your time and help
You're welcome. It was kind of fun!