Dr. Scarlett
Dr. Scarlett, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing small animal veterinarian with 16 years experience.

I need help with my homework, also would like to compare your

I need help with my homework, also would like to compare your answers with mine and see how I did. Please, help me out. I appreciate your time and help. Thank you so much in fore-hand.

Those are all the answers I'm not quite sure off, what the answer is:

1.) When radio-graphing an obese patient, the rule of dumb would be to:
a. Increase the kVp by 15%
b. Increase the FFD
c. Decrease the mAs
d. Decrease the kVp by 15%

2.) Which statement is correct regarding film identification?
a. Right and left markers identify the side of the table the radiographer should stand during exposure
b. Graphite tape is radiolucent like lead tape.
c. A light flasher, also called flash block is used before processing an exposed film.
d. Temporary identification can be used for a first time patient

3.) The Heart is anatomically located.......to the diaphragm.
a. Cranial
b. Caudal
c. Dorsal
d. Ventral

4.) The term radiopaque applies to those substances that are.........contrast and show up...n radiographs, whereas radiolucent refers to substances that are......contrast and show up....on radiographs.
a. Positive/ Dark, Negative/ White
b. Positive/ White, Negative/ Dark

5.) A radiograph cannot be used as a legal document if it is:
a. Not collimated correctly
b. A little light
c. A little dark
d. Unlabeled

6.) When taking a radio-graph f a patient in dorsal recumbency, the x-rays would enter which aspect of the patients body?
a. Dorsal
b. Distal
C. Medial
d. Ventral

7.) The TL junction of the vertebrae is:
a. The most common area for spinal injury
b. Where the thoracic vertebrae start (T1)
c. Fused into what is commonly called the "tail bone"
d. Part of the appendicular skeleton

8.) Which statement is not true of the calipers?
a. Measurements are in both inches and centimeters.
b. The caliper is slipped under the thinnest point of the patient's anatomical part being radigraphed.
c. The calipers measure the area where the primary beam will pass through the patient.
d. The measurement is taken below the move-able bar.

9.) The urethra exits the......end of the urinary bladder.
a. Cranial
b. Caudal
c. Ventral
d. Dorsal

10.) When taking a thoracic radiograph, it is important to take the image on:
a. Mid inhalation
b. Mid expiration
c. Peak inhalation
d. Peak expiration
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scarlett replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Scarlett :

Dr. Scarlett :

I'll see what I can do to help!

Dr. Scarlett :

1. to penetrate further through an obese patient, you would want to increase the kVp by 15%

Customer:

hi =)

Customer:

Thank you so much! I thought that might be the answer, but wasn't to sure

Dr. Scarlett :

2. I think that c. is correct--a light flasher would be used to get the ID stamp on the film if you aren't using digital radiography.

Dr. Scarlett :

3. the heart is above the diaphragm, closer to the head, so CRANIAL is the correct term

Dr. Scarlett :

4. positive contrast is radiopaque and shows up white; radiolucent is negative contrast and shows up dark.

Dr. Scarlett :

5. not legal unless it is labelled, so d.

Customer:

ok that makes sense

Dr. Scarlett :

6. if they are in dorsal, they are on their back and the x-ray would first go though their ventral side.

Dr. Scarlett :

7. The TL junction is where the thoracic vertebrae "become" the lumbar vertebrae and the most common area fo spinal injury.

Dr. Scarlett :

8. you want to measure the thickest part of the body being radiographed, so b. is the answer.

Dr. Scarlett :

9. My CVT and I both think the best answer is b. caudal.

Dr. Scarlett :

10. You want to try and take thoracic rads on peak inhalation (although what you get is often not that!)

Customer:

Wow, thank you so much! You just answered all of my questions

Customer:

=)

Dr. Scarlett :

I hope that you answered them before I did! :) Where are you going for tech school?

Customer:

by some questions I was way off, but the other ones I was guessing, but wasn't sure if it was the right answer

Customer:

I'm going to Animal Behavior College for Veterinary Assistant

Customer:

I did =) was guessing 5 answers right, and 5 wrong

Dr. Scarlett :

Best go back over that chapter, then! :)

Customer:

okay I will! Thank you so much again and have a wonderful weekend! I appreciate your time and help

Dr. Scarlett :

You're welcome. It was kind of fun!

Dr. Scarlett, Veterinarian
Experience: I am a practicing small animal veterinarian with 16 years experience.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Scarlett