There may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.
Thanks for your patience. Deb
1. Coil UVB bulbs can injure the eyes and cause a problem called Photo Kerato Conjunctivititis. This LINK discusses this problem in detail. I would strongly recommend a tube type UVB bulb.
2. Terrance’s diet needs a little improvement as well. Kale can bind calcium and carrots can cause eye issues if fed on a regular basis. My diet suggestions would be Collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, escarole and curly endives. Butternut squash and various berries are great for a treat. The Veggies should be offered fresh daily about an hour after lights are on. Bearded dragons need 80% veggies daily and 20% live prey.
3. The food should be dusted with plain calcium 5 days a week and the Vitamin 2 days a week.
4. Vitamin A deficiency can also cause eye problems.
Additional suggestions include the following:
1. Use warm compresses on the eyes,
2. Add a Reptile Vitamin with Vitamin A included (not Beta Carotene) since there is a difference in absorption
3. Boil liver and try and feed this to Terrance
4. The live prey should include crickets, silk worms, roaches, goliath worms and phoenix worms. This nutrition chart may also be helpful (LINK).
5. Discontinue the turtle eye drops and use Terramycin instead. This LINK is where you can order it.
It's possible that Terrance may need to see a vet for this problem if you don't see improvement soon.
I hope this helps; again, my apologies for the delay. Deb