Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my boxer dog of nine months has come up with lumps all over

my boxer dog of nine months has come up with lumps all over his body, rash like .Only happened today some are sore to touch as this is how i descovered them when i looked closer at least 50 found through raised fur
Welcome and thanks for asking your question, I am sorry to learn Frank is having skin problems. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Are the lumps like mosquito bites (welts) or is the skin scabby?
2- Is he itchy?
3- How much does he weigh?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not scabby just lumps

he is very itchy

weighs about 35 kilo

Paul, the lumps you are seeing on Frank is called "urticaria." This is a skin reaction secondary to an allergic reaction either to something Frank ate or came into contact. This is what you can do:

1- Start him on Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25mg 1.5 (one & half) tablet every 8 hours for the next 5 days. You can buy benadryl over the counter in any human pharmacy.
2- If the lumps are not better by tomorrow have him examined by family veterinarian he may need additional medications.
3- If you notice difficulty breathing or vomiting have him checked today by ER veterinarian. Otherwise, continue on Benadryl as described above.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Hi Paul,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Frank. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

had to take him to our local vets turns out he had ate a toad they gave him a steroid shot and he was back to normal after 24 hours thanku for your help although chemist would not sell me benadryl when i told him it was for my dog

A toad would do that, I am glad he is doing better.

Dr. Peter