Dr. Taus
Dr. Taus, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian with experience in equine and small animal medicine.
74956788

wild rabbit not poping normal and not eathig

wild rabbit not poping normal and not eathig iam waiting for your answear

Hi there,
I'm so sorry to hear that Chelo is not doing well. I'm curious what the stool looks like. Rabbits pass two kinds of stool-- cecal pellets, which are soft and green, and which they usually pass at night, and the regular, round, dark pellets we usually recognize as rabbit droppings.

If Chelo is passing only the cecal pellets, that is an indication that there is a disturbance in the normal bacteria that live the the GI tract. Rabbits usually eat the cecal pellets right after passing them, and they get much of their nutrition from them, so if you are seeing them at all, something is wrong. I recommend a diet of timothy hay, with pellets or commercial rabbit food only as a treat, as it is too rich and too high in calcium to make up a complete diet.

If you are seeing no stool or very hard, dry stool, your rabbit may have an impacted cecum or a large hairball in the GI tract. If it has progressed to the point that the rabbit is not eating, it is too late for hairball remedies, oil, or other treatments to make it go away. Veterinary attention is required right away.

Please do not give rabbits penicillin. It is one of a number of antibiotics that wipe out much of the normal bacteria that live in their intestines, and this can kill the rabbit. At this point, you may need to give your rabbit a probiotic to repopulate the normal bacteria. Oxbow also makes a product called "critical care," which contains nutrients and vitamins sick rabbits need and is a good option for getting the rabbit back on its feet.

Ultimately, I'd recommend a veterinary exam to find out what the primary cause of the GI disturbance is. We can treat the symptoms with diet and probiotics, but we may not be successful until we know what is actually upsetting the intestine to begin with.

I hope this is helpful. If so, please rate me positively, and don't hesitate to let me know how I can help further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wellthis is my problem I haven't seen any stool on tuo days and last one was like stiky

Ok, I'm quite worried about an obstruction. Rabbits frequently ingest hair when they groom and can make large hairballs that can't pass through the GI tract. Would it be possible to have her examined by a vet? I think this is the best course of action.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I think I will do that

Good! Let me know how it comes out. I hope she gets better quickly.