Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice

I just found a pill(antiinflammatory) that I take on the floor

I just found a pill(antiinflammatory) that I take on the floor next to my bed. It looked like it had been put in one of my cats mouth and then spit out. I have two cats and I don't know which one did it. They are both acting fine. What should I do???
Hello again.
I received your explanation before I did the question, got it!
Do you know what is the name of the anti-inflammatory?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Meloxicam 15 mg - it has not been bitten into just imprint looks washed out
Okay, thank you. I'm glad to report that meloxicam is actually an anti-inflammatory used in cats. While some cats may experience an adverse reaction to a full dose, I don't believe even a reactive individual would be affected by the tiny amount your cat or cats (sometimes they'll take turns licking something), have apparently ingested. Just to be on the safe side, watch them closely for the next two or three days, but I think they were very lucky this time and shouldn't suffer any ill effects at all.If you should have any further questions, I'll be glad to answer them for you.Kind regards,Dr. Bob