Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

Saturns scrotum is peeling and turning a darker color. Could

Saturns scrotum is peeling and turning a darker color. Could this be because of allergies or is this something that happens often. His eyes have cleared up completely and his nose though was peeling is healing nicely with vaseline.

Yes, it is possible that the peeling is associated with the allergies. The change in color may be a hyperpigementation of the skin, especially if Saturn has been licking back there a lot.

I cannot rule-out that there is not an active bacterial and/or yeast skin infection. So, you may need to get that skin evaluated, because the color change is a bit worrisome.

I would also hold off on any topical therapy until you consult your vet.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding, my goal is to provide you the best answer possible.