Dr. Taus
Dr. Taus, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian with experience in equine and small animal medicine.

I do have a lovebird today more quiet puffy holding in my hand

I do have a lovebird today more quiet puffy holding in my hand , not itself eyes closed once in awhilegave some sugar water near beak.put in shoe box with warm socks incubatio
Hi there,
I'm so sorry to hear your bird isn't feeling well. Ultimately, you need to visit your local veterinarian. Birds hide their symptoms to avoid being eaten by predators, so by the time they begin to show signs, they are often very ill.

I would recommend a few things in terms of supportive care or nursing care until you can get to a vet. The bird should be in a cage by itself so that there is good ventilation and airflow, but other birds can't bother it. Put the food and water on the cage floor so it doesn't have to spend energy perching. You can drape a towel over the cage and use lamps or a reptile heater to keep the temperature inside the cage around 80 degrees. Use a thermometer if you can. You can also put a pan of water under the cage to keep the air inside the cage rather humid.

Avoid handling the bird or force-feeding food or water. Birds can easily choke or get water in their lungs, resulting in pneumonia. Also, being held can be stressful even for tame and friendly birds. Leave the bird alone as much as you can so that it can rest.

As soon as you can, visit your local veterinarian to have your bird examined. Respiratory infections are quite common, and antibiotics may be needed for your bird to recover.