Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

About two hours

Customer Question

About two hours ago, my daughter accidentally dropped our guinea pig (cavy) on the floor and the pig landed on the mouth (I didn't see the accident). The pig now has an injury to the mouth (the bleeding has stopped) and is unable to eat although she appears to want to eat (she normally has an excellent appetite). The pig is also making a constant rattling sound (maybe from aspirated blood or broken teeth?). The top teeth appear to be intact but I cannot see the bottom teeth. I intend to syringe feed her mashed pellets tonight and take her to a vet tomorrow as soon as I can. Any advice or suggestions? Please help. Thank you.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that we have a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Expert:  Joan replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Vet Tech with Pocket Pet and small animal experience. I see nobody had responded to to you last evening. Do you still need help with Tiana?

If so I would be happy to try and assist you. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much for your responses. Tiana seems to be doing better now, so you can please close this question.
Expert:  Joan replied 3 years ago.

Glad to hear she is better. I will have this closed. Please do not respond, because I will not be able to respond to you. Best wishes! Joan