Dr. Gary, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My bunnys stomach is gurgling quite loudly and its worrying

My bunny's stomach is gurgling quite loudly and it's worrying me. He is still eating, and quite a bit. A lot more hay than usual. I had the CareFresh Martigra crinkle bedding in there and he was eating it too. He isn't drinking too much though. Should I take he to a vet in the morning or what should I do? I also moved houses today, so he could be a little stressed.
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

The loud noises don't bother me too much unless he was not eating/ drinking well or if he was not passing stools. This may just be due to him eating some of the bedding and more hay. This will cause more contractions and motility in the cecum which will cause that gurgling sound. This is not a problem, it's normal GI motility.

If you notice a decrease in appetite or soft stools, then yes I would get him seen by a vet tomorrow. I don't think this is going to be necessary.

Hi Hayley,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Pal. How is everything going?