Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
Luckily, the sting of scorpions, even the small sand colored ones do not have enough toxin to cause anything more severe than an allergic reaction unless your guy suffers an anaphylactic reaction to this. This would show as difficulty breathing, extreme lethargy and depression.
In most cases, they will respond to:
1. Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs.
2. Apply cold compresses to this area of the foot to keep it from swelling and decrease the blood flow to this area so the toxin is released slowly. Do this for 3 minutes every 2-3 hrs after it has happened.
3. Apply a cortisone creme such as Cortaid to this area of the foot and wrap it if at all possible.
Watch your guy closely for the next 4-6 hrs for any signs of a reaction...this is very unlikely but has been known to happen...if you see anything that worries you, contact me right away or take him to your vet.
Like I said, in most cases, this will resolve without any harm to your guy.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX