Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave, Veterinarian
Experience:  21 years small animal general and emergency practice

My dog attacked my cat and now she is bleeding from the upper

My dog attacked my cat and now she is bleeding from the upper part of her eye and nose? Is there anything I can do here at home for her? I don't have the money to take her to the emergency vet..
Hello, and thanks for writing in.

Is Dillon alert and aware of what is going on around her?

Is the bleeding profuse?

Does the eyeball itself appear involved, or it is the eyelid?

Dr. Dave
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, she is alert. She is very upset at the moment. It is just above the eye. The bleeding is not bad. Just a little.

Thank you so much for your reply and the additional information. It's good that she is alert and the bleeding isn't bad. I can imagine that she is upset. First of all, don't give Dillon any human pain relievers, as they can be very toxic to cats. If you are able to (don't risk getting bitten or scratched), try to gently clean the bite wounds. You can do this with dilute iodone/betadine, or even soap and water if that is all you have. Try not to get anything in the eyes, if you can avoid it. You can use a hand towel, paper towel, or even a cotton-tipped applicator ("Q-tip") to clean the wounds. If the wounds are not deep, you can apply a small amount of antibiotic ointment to the areas (i.e. triple antibiotic ointment, Neosporin). If the bleeding continues, you can gently apply pressure to the wounds with a towel or paper towel for a few minutes. If the wounds are not deep, and the bleeding is not bad, the bleeding will likely stop on it's own. While it's ideal to have Dillon examined and treated by a veterinarian, I understand if you are not able to afford it at this time.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you and Dillon further.
Dr. Dave
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. We are putting Triple antibiotic ointment on it now. The bleeding is almost stopped. She will stay in her kennel tonight.

Great to hear! Sounds like you are taking good care of her. Things will most likely go well. Keep an eye on the wounds for excessive swelling or drainage. Also, watch for anything unusual (i.e. not eating, laying around more than normal, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) If you see any of these abnormal symptoms, it would be best to have her examined and treated more specifically.

I hope this is helpful.
Dr. Dave