Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

will using bob martin fleaclear for small dogs on my cat do

will using bob martin fleaclear for small dogs on my cat do any harm
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a 2003 graduate from UC Davis, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern.

Yes, it actually can cause a severe allergic reaction including vomiting, severe irritation and ulceration of the skin around the neck, hives on the body, loss of appetite, and even seizures are possible.

We do not generally recommend any collars, for dogs or cats. We simply see too many reactions.

I would stick with a quality topical flea control product from your primary vet to be safe.

But, in general, some of the chemical components in dog flea preventatives can be toxic to cats, and this is worsened by those products that have chemicals for ticks as well.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding, my goal is to provide you the best answer possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have use it on them about 3 o,clock just bath them do you think they will be ok