Hi,Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Penny's situation. To best help, I would like to ask some questions.
1) Is she only aggressive towards the other cat after a vet visit?
2) How long ago was the last vet visit?
3) How many times has this aggression happened?
1. Yes, this is the first time they have been separated, and the first time i heard this cat hiss and growl actualy! - it was a visit where the the other cat had to get an xtray and bloodwork - so she was sedated
2. The vet visit was earlier today
3. The agression happens whenever the cat who did not go to vet gets near the other.
I guess my concern is that -
1. do i have to figure out separate quarters for them while I am at work
2. which one should I confine
3. will I have time to do get another litter box? before work :)
Thank you so much for your help by the way!
Yes, they are best buddies/sisters.
They are semi separated in that, every once in awhile the aggressive/scared cat will come out of the room I have her in (with me).
I'm kind of splitting my time from bedroom to be with the sick kitty.
Actually, she is acting much more herself and of course confused about this whole thing.
I tried to wipe vet kitty with her usual sent.
They have not fought, except one recent outstretch of a paw but it is overall hissing and growling from the agressive cat, the other one sits quietly.
Yes, that seems totally clear and instinctively right.
I think i was just worried that the one hissing/growling meant the other one would get distressed or hurt, but i think you are right.
Plus the other kitty seems ok. THank you for easing my mind
have a good night