Dr. Gary, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My dogs vet suggested chicken and rice for my dogs Bowel issues.

My dogs vet suggested chicken and rice for my dogs Bowel issues. how do I store left-overs if to much for 1 feeding is made? how do I reheat it to feed him later? Thanks
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

When feeding a chicken/ rice bland diet for GI upset, you can store the leftovers in tuperware in the fridge and then reheat it over the next few days. You can cook it up once weekly and then reheat the rest of the week.

You should not have to keep him on this chicken/ rice diet forever. This is not a complete and balanced diet, so we typically only feed it for a few days until the GI signs resolve and then we'll wean them over onto their normal diet.

If you haven't been informed, a hypoallergenic diet like Hill's Z/D is great for dogs that have IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) or any signs of food allergies.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.