Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My malti-poo swallowed an apricot pit 3 days ago. I have not

My malti-poo swallowed an apricot pit 3 days ago. I have not found it in her stool. She is eating and drinking normally. Her only symptom is vomiting yellow bile in the morning. Should I be concerned and what do you recommend I do? Many thanks!
Welcome! My name isXXXXX am a 2003 graduate from UC Davis, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

I am sorry to hear about this concern for Cappy.
Even if eating fine, if she is still vomiting every morning, this needs to be investigated further. There could still be a partial obstruction present, or chronic gastritis being caused by that pit.

Great for Pepcid A.C. A safe antacid to help settle the stomach.

But, I do feel this is now well worth examination and some abdominal x-rays to see if the pit is visible, and if so, where is it located in the digestive tract.

Also, vomiting only in the morning can be due to other problems as well. Including:
1. Giardia infection
2. Bilious vomiting syndrome. When a pet goes too long overnight without eating, and it is corrected by feeding a snack later at night or feeding the previous evening meal a little bit later in the day.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate, my goal is to provide you the best answer possible.