Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

Good Morning - my lab mix has started to have a droopy right

Customer Question

Good Morning - my lab mix has started to have a droopy right lip (jowl?). He is eight years old with severe allergies which are treated with a special diet & meds.
His behavior is fine, appetite and elimination seem to be fine. Two concerns, this area of his mouth now seems to pocket foods, and makes him drool. Of more concern is that this is a change in physical appearance and I'm concerned that it may be a symptom of a larger problem. I have had a vet check the salivary gland that is accessible and it seems to be fine.

What should I be looking for and/or concerned about ?? I'm looking forward to your reply.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Dr. Peter a licensed Veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. I need to ask you a few questions first to be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Does he have a drooping right eye as well?
3- Can you check inside of his right ear for evidence of an infection like redness, bad odor, discharge, etc.?
4- Any other symptoms?