PetDr, Veterinarian
Experience:  PetDr has been a veterinarian for 13 years and working as a medical director in one of the best hospitals in NJ.

my parrot just chewed my tube of voltaren gel 1%. I am sure

my parrot just chewed my tube of voltaren gel 1%. I am sure she got some in her beak because she had it on the upper mandible inside, I wiped it off. But due to the amount of punctures in that tube, I am positive she got a good dose in her. Please help me. I have called my avian vet and requested an emergency but he hasn't replied het.
I'm sorry to hear that. Non steroidal anti inflammatory medications such as voltaren are eliminated by kidney clearance and should be used with caution, as they have been associated with a variety of kidney disease in birds and mammals. I would strongly suggest to go to a 24 hr hospital immediately.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I brought her to the local 24/7 veterinary emergency center and they gave her pepcid, fluids, activated charcoal (to keep the voltaren from getting to her kidneys), and put a heater on her. 15 hours later (now) I have her home and will bring her to the avian veterinarian for a kidney blood test in a few hours.

I'm glad you were able to get her to the 24/7 hospital and hopefully blood test comes out good.
Hi [Customer Name],

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going? How is she?

Let me know,
[Expert Name]