PetDr
PetDr, Veterinarian
Experience:  PetDr has been a veterinarian for 13 years and working as a medical director in one of the best hospitals in NJ.
74969252

My husband hit a bunny with the lawn mower it has cut thought

My husband hit a bunny with the lawn mower it has cut thought his fur but not in to the flesh it is a very long cut. I have put a wrap around him and will take him to a vet tomorrow if he lives though the night but would like to give him something for pain. Is there anything that I could give him?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  PetDr replied 1 year ago.

Dr. N. Ezik :

I'm sorry to hear that, when did this exactly happen?

Customer:

15 min. ago

Dr. N. Ezik :

and it is a baby carrot?

Dr. N. Ezik :

I'm sorry bunny

Customer:

yes

Dr. N. Ezik :

Do you see any blood anywhere?

Customer:

no

Dr. N. Ezik :

You mentioned that it cut through his fur, do you see any part of the flesh exposed?

Customer:

yes

Dr. N. Ezik :

ok, if there are no 24 hr animal hospital around, then keep him warm, you can juice some carrot and try to give that. Unfortunately there are not medications you can give him, especially because he is a baby rabbit.

Dr. N. Ezik :

Feel free to ask more questions, I'm still logged in.

Dr. N. Ezik :

Also try not to grab and baby him as the stress can cause him to go into shock.

Customer:

Ok I gave him some water and wrap with gauze this same to easy the pain and put in a dark box in a quite part of the house

Dr. N. Ezik :

dark box sound like a good idea. Please make sure the gauze is not wrapped very tight.

Dr. N. Ezik :

also please make sure there are holes made on the box for air.

Customer:

ok thank you Dr. should I take the gauze off.

Dr. N. Ezik :

Do you need me to stay online longer? Please let me know and please do not hesitate to ask me more

Customer:

No. Thank you!

Dr. N. Ezik :

Ok, good luck tomorrow morning.

PetDr, Veterinarian
Experience: PetDr has been a veterinarian for 13 years and working as a medical director in one of the best hospitals in NJ.
Expert:  PetDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi [Customer Name],

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. How did the bunny do?

Let me know,
[Expert Name]