Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

On accident I gave .8 ml Panaziral to a 6 week old kitten.

On accident I gave .8 ml Panaziral to a 6 week old kitten. I was supposed to give it .2 ml.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian and am happy to answer your question.

I have a few questions to help me better assist you.

Do you mean Panacur?

How long ago did you give this?

Thank you!

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Panaziral. I gave it to him 1 hour ago.

Thank you Karen...

Young kittens can be very sensitive to medications and this is an overdose of this medication. Chances are that this will not harm your kitten but to be safe, you are within the 2 hrs window to induce vomiting by giving her 1 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide. If she has not vomited within 15 minutes, do it again. You can do this 3 times safely. If she has not vomited this large amount by then, your vet will have an injection that will remove this from her system. Then wait one week and give the correct dose to her.

Like I said, there is a good chance that this will not harm her but kittens are very sensitive and these medications are very harsh on their system. Better to be safe than sorry.

Does that make sense to you, Karen?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Karen for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about Zazzle's possible condition. If you have other questions, please Reply.

Have a great day!!