Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

We are moving and not in our new house yet. We are staying

We are moving and not in our new house yet. We are staying with relatives with cats and our cats are staying with other relatives who have a dog & a cat. One cat is eating very little and staying away from the other cats & the dog in the house. What can we do to make it easier for the cat. This situation will be for a few more weeks.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This situation is very difficult for cats...they do not like change and have a hard time adapting to other animals in the house.

The best thing to do is to purchase Feliway at the pet store in a diffuser. This is a feline pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will help ease Pita's anxiety. Your vet will have prescription medications such as Clomicalm that will help Pita past this as well and since she has a few more weeks, this may be a good option.

Give her as much attention as you can and keep the other animals separated from her if possible. They will take a long time to adapt and since Pita will only be there a few weeks, attempting to get the animals together may not be a good idea. It will stress Pita out even more.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Kathy for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about Pita's situation. These few weeks will go fast for you, Kathy and Pita will get through this just fine. If you have other questions, please Reply.

Have a great day!!