Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal veterinary medicine

11 year old female lab who experienced excessive diarrhea and

11 year old female lab who experienced excessive diarrhea and drooling an hour ago. Now seems calm/tired and has gas. She has an appetite, drank water 30 minutes ago and will wag her tag with attention. Is she ok for the night and then to the vet in the morning - Thanks

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question about Gracie. Do you feel that she's breathing normally now? Are her gums nice and pink? Any vomiting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Seems to be breathing normally, gums seem pink - no vomiting.

If she is breathing normall, has pink gums, isn't vomiting, is comfortable and able to rest - then there is a good chance she is ok for the night. If any of these things start to happen, then it would definitely be best to have her checked over at an ER clinic. Her diarrhea and drooling earlier could have been due to her eating something that upset her intestinal tract. With the time that passed, it may have settled down.