Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

I left out the Interceptor that my dogs take - my 7 year old

I left out the Interceptor that my dogs take - my 7 year old female ate from 8-10 quadriguard pills 50-100 last night - I didn't realize she had gotten them until this morning. she shows no adverse effects as yet. What should I do and what should I watch for?
Hello, I am Dr. Peter a licensed Veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. I need to ask you a few questions first to be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- How much does Lily weigh?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She weighs 51 lbs.

1- What breed is Lily?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

English Setter

Kate, in experimental studies dogs have tolerated doses of up to 200mg/kg without any ill effects. In this case, based on Lily's weight if she took 10 pills of 23mg of Milbemycin (interceptor) that comes to a toxic dose of 10mg/kg. At this dose it will not be toxic for Lily, no symptoms expected, she will be fine.

Hope the above helps, if you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter
Hi Kate,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lily. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter