How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Larson Your Own Question
Dr. Larson
Dr. Larson, Veterinarian
Category: Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 1557
Experience:  Active in private practice since 2000. Both large and small animal practice for throughout career.
22517207
Type Your Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Larson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my tibitian spanial just ate a wasp that I sprayed with wasp

This answer was rated:

my tibitian spanial just ate a wasp that I sprayed with wasp poison 5 days ago; I thought they were all picked up but she found one; What should I do?

Dr. Larson :

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. I certainly understand your concern for Holly, but there is really no need to worry. The amount of petroleum distillates that it takes to kill a wasp is low, and will have dissipated a bit over the following 5 days.

Dr. Larson :

It is very unlikely that there would be enough of the spray still present to cause her any severe problems.

Customer:

Could there not likely be any poison left on the wasp at this time? She only weighs 16 lbs!

Dr. Larson :

There is not likely enough poison to cause Holly any harm. I certainly understand your concern. It is possible to see a bit of upset stomach as a result of simply ingesting the wasp, about the only thing you could do is to give her a teaspoon of Pepto Bismol to help prevent the upset stomach, but you do not need to fear her being poisoned.

Dr. Larson and 3 other Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you

Related Veterinary Questions