Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.

Is their any fruit trees that can be planted in the back yard

Customer Question

Is their any fruit trees that can be planted in the back yard that is safe for dogs?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are common fruit trees that you should avoid in your yard to keep it pet friendly:

Avocado, Peach. Cherry. Apricots, lemons, Limes, grapefruit, Oranges and apples. I know this does not leave much that is safe for your dogs but each of these could have potential problems for your dogs.

This LINK will explain in more detail. This LINK will help also. Also, this LINK will help.

I know you are now limited as far as fruit trees are concerned. You may want to keep your fruit trees in an area that the dogs cannot get into.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Hi Eunice,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Dolly, Shenna & Sasha. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta