Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.
Hello. Thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
There is such a minute amount of poison in that rat that you do not need to be concerned. Especially if she did not consume the entire rat. But, even if she did consume the entire rat I would not be concerned. We see cats, who have eaten mice and rats who consumed the rat bait, and we do not see any problems even though cats are smaller than dogs.
I do not think you need to give any egg whites or charcoal. Just continue life, and feeding, as usual.
I hope this helps.
If you have additional questions, please click "reply."
Thank you that was very helpful. I was going to remove the traps but based on your reply it sounds as if we are ok with keeping them up since there is a minimal amount of risk. The traps are concealed and high on the fence so they can't get to the poison. If a few poison grain bits fall to the ground is that an issue?