Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal veterinary medicine

worms in dog duty look like rice how to get rid

Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 12 years. Thank you for your question. When a dog has rice like segments in their stool, they most likely are tapeworm segments. A tapeworm lives in the intestinal tract and then has segments break off to pass with the stools. These can then actually crawl away for a short distance from the passed stool to dry up, break open and release the eggs in it. These eggs are then eaten by fleas, and then the fleas by pets when they get on them. To treat tapeworms requires a one time oral dose of a dewormer that has praziquantel in it. It can be obtained from a vet or from a lot of pet stores. So a single oral dose based on the weight is needed to get rid of them. Keeping them gone then requires flea prevention. If no more fleas are eaten, then they don't get them again. Please let me know what questions this has brought up.
Thank you for the very kind accept. I wanted to also pass along this very good website that goes into very good detail on the tapeworms. I hope this situation gets resolved soon! Take care!