Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog, a 23-pound miniature schnauzer/terrier mix just ate

My dog, a 23-pound miniature schnauzer/terrier mix just ate the paper wrapper from a muffin that was accidentally left on the coffee table. He isn't choking on it and seems to be okay, is this something I need to worry about?
Hello, and welcome,

My name isXXXXX am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Please give me five minutes or so to think through your particular problem, prepare an answer, and type things up. I will then get straight back to you and we can talk things over.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dr. Scott!

Hello again Kristin and thanks for waiting,

I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think, ... lets get started.

1. Good news! There is very little chance that eating this paper wrapper will affect Carraway in the slightest. I have never known this sort of incident to cause a problem to the dog's belonging to the clients at my clinic over the years, or indeed to my own dogs who would have so hesitation in doing the same, or worse!

2. The chances are this wrapper will just be digested by his stomach acids or just pass through his alimentary tract. Of course if you see any symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy, abdominal pain, inappetance or the like then you should have your vet check Carraway over but this would be such a remote possibility in relation to the wrapper.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Hello again Kristin,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. If I can ever advise you again at any point in the future then please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kindest regards and good luck with Carraway, I bet he will be fine ! ...

Hello again Kristin,

I am just getting back in touch to see how Carraway is getting on after the wrapper incident

How are things going today?