benedettaDVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  EEC, General practice, Homeopathy.

I have a red-earred slider and just noticed this morning that

I have a red-earred slider and just noticed this morning that he has a white fuzz around his neck and on his arms. I researched online and discovered it could be a mild fungus. There were several different treatment options out there, but I'd prefer to hear from a professional vet. What do you suggest?
Hello, this is Dr. Benedetta, and I would be glad to help.
Sheldon could be shedding, but he could also have a fungal infection.
If it is shedding skin, it should be more like thin shreds, not "fuzzy".
If it is fuzzy, then it is more likely fungus.
Is he acting normal and eating ok?swimming around, basking in the light or sun?
The first thing I would advice is to make sure the water in the tank is warm enough. It should be at east 82 F.
Then I'd make sure his diet is appropriate. Commercial pellets are not fully adequate, and I have found that sliders do much better when supplemented with fresh veggies and fresh raw meat/chicken/fish. These do not need to be given everyday, or in large quantities, but they are excellent treats. Meats can be cooked too, but no sauces/spices.
Here a couple of links to diet recommendations

if the water is warm and the diet is adequate already, I would have Sheldon seen to rule out a mores serious condition. If you realize that husbandry was a potential issue, then I would make the necessary changes, and expect Sheldon to get better in about 1 week.
Thank you for your positive rating! Let me know how Sheldon is doing, if you have a minute!