Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years working as a full time veterinarian

I Took My Hedgehog To The Vet Two Weeks Ago For Her Eye. Its

I Took My Hedgehog To The Vet Two Weeks Ago For Her Eye. Its Cloudy, And I Can See Small Veins Through It. The Dr Gave Her Antibiotic Drops. We Put One Drop In The Eye Three Times A Day. The Eye Doesn't Seem To Bother At All. It Seems She Can Still See Out Of It, And Its Not Bulging. The Antibiotics Seem To Help The Color Of Her Eye Come Back, But Its Still Cloudy. Abby Thoughts?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
Did the vet put yellow dye in her eye to see if she had a scratch on the cornea? If so, did she have a scratch on the cornea?
Was the eye cloudy when you took her to the vet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No They Did Not. They Said They Treat Scratches And Ulcers With The Same Drops, And They Said It Would Be Too Difficult To Keep Her Still For The Test. She's Very Active

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
Smile Ok,
If the cloudiness looks like a film on the superficial layers of the eye, that is most likely corneal swelling. The cornea can swell with injury or infection. Sometimes this corneal swelling, can prevent the eye, or cornea, from healing.
So the next step would be to go back to the vet and get some anti-inflammatory drops for the eye. You will most likely need to use the antibiotic drops along with the new anti-inflammatory drops.
Or she could have a scar forming on her cornea. The anti-inflammatory drops should help reduce scar formation as well. As long as you start the treatment soon.
A cataract is also a possibility but that appears to be deeper in the eye. It usually looks like a white color in the pupil.
But based on the history, and what you are describing, it sounds more like corneal inflammation and swelling.
I hope this helps.
If you have additional questions, please click "reply."
Thanks
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience: 15 years working as a full time veterinarian
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cori,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Pheobe. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby