Dr. Larson
Dr. Larson, Veterinarian
Experience:  Active in private practice since 2000. Both large and small animal practice for throughout career.
22517207

I have been feeding chicken strips to my dog. Tonight she is

I have been feeding chicken strips to my dog. Tonight she is in pain and it is the only thing I can think of. Is there something I can do tonight.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Larson replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Larson :

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that your your dog is not feeling well. To give her a bit of relief, you can try giving her some Pepto Bismol.

Dr. Larson :

The recommended dose for dogs is 1/2 teaspoon per 10 pounds body weight, and can be repeated every 8 hours if needed.

Dr. Larson :

If she is not feeling better in the morning, I would recommend a vet visit to have her checked out.

Expert:  Dr. Larson replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Larson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had some prescription medacine, from a previous visit. I gave my dog 25 mg of Tramadol. I also gave my dog 1 anti biotic. I was up with her until 11:00 Friday night.I took my dog into the vets Sat morning at 5:30am.I waited for hours for an opening. I finally got my dog into see the vet.The vet determined that my dog had soft tissue damage. I had looped my dogs leash through the tree branches and let her lay down in the shade while I mowed the grass. A groud hog pops his head up out of a pipe in the drainage ditch. It was determined that my dog launched herself after the groung hog and when the leash pulled her up short she strained her back. I was able to figure this out over the next couple of days when I saw the ground hog by the apple tree. I was relieved that my dog was not poinsioned by the Chicken Strips and she seems to be fine and pulling me up and down the fields and woods like usual.

Expert:  Dr. Larson replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear that he is doing well.
Dr. Larson, Veterinarian
Experience: Active in private practice since 2000. Both large and small animal practice for throughout career.