Dr. Larson
Dr. Larson, Veterinarian
Experience:  Active in private practice since 2000. Both large and small animal practice for throughout career.
22517207

My Bichon ate an ear plug. I tried to induce vomiting with

My Bichon ate an ear plug. I tried to induce vomiting with a tsp. of hydrogen peroxide. She did not vomit but ran over and ate her dinner. Now I'm afraid I've poisoned my dog! Is there anything else I sould do. Thank you!
PW

Dr. Larson :

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. There is no need to worry. The ear plug should pass through her system with no problem.

Customer:

Will the peroxide hurt her? She seems fine.

Dr. Larson :

The hydrogen peroxide is not toxic and will cause no long term negative effects.

Customer:

Thank you so much! I have Shingles right now and am normally able to cope with these things. Thank you - I am so pleased that I found this site.

Customer:

PW