Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

I am doing an animal care course. I need to list 6 medicines

I am doing an animal care course. I need to list 6 medicines and their uses as an assignment. I know penicillen, Pocraine hydrochloride, and Tetracycline. Can you tell me 3 other common medicines that are used. Many thanks Jennifer
Hello, and welcome,

My name isXXXXX am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Please give me fifteen minutes or so to think through your particular question, prepare an answer, and type things up. I will then get straight back to you and we can talk things over.

Hello again,

Thanks for waiting , lets work through a suitable list for you with a variety of different drugs, I will put links in so you can research these drugs further ...

1.Penicillin : This is an antibiotic and is used to treat bacterial infections of various sorts caused by susceptible bacteria. : LINK

2. Prednisone : This is a corticosteroid and an antinflammatory drug used to treat a variety of conditions such as allergic reactions, immune related diseases, arthritis and many more. This class of drug is very often used in veterinary medicine : LINK

3. Procaine hydrochloride : This is a local anaesthetic designed to reduce or abolish pain during minor surgical procedures. LINK

4. Piperazine Citrate { and other Piperazine formulations } : this is an anthelmintic, that is a drug used to control intestinal parasites. In this case roundworms : LINK

5. Milbemycin Oxime { Interceptor } This is a drug used to prevent heart worm infection in dogs and cats but also is effective against a range of other parasites : LINK

6. Acepromazine : a tranquiliser used sometimes as a pre-med and also to prevent travel sickness and a variety of other situations where sedation is desirable. : LINK

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. This is more than I expected. You have answered exactly what I needed.

Hello again Jennifer,

No problem, very glad to have advised you, I remember my own student days well! And thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. If I can ever advise you again at any point in the future then please do not hesitate to get back in touch

Kindest regards and good luck with your studies ...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Scott

Will be definitely be using this site again, if I do how do I request you, or do I have to have whoever is allocated to me?

Hello again,

No problem, the best way to get back in touch with me personally is via this link which you can bookmark : LINK

If I am online { which shows on the link } then I will get straight back to you if not I will sort it out the next day.