Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal medicine since 2004 , also involved in working with animal rescue groups.
23926829

can i give a dog with parvo the shot for parvo or not

Customer Question

Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Jenn :

HI there

Dr. Jenn :

Unfortunately, giving this vaccine while your dog has Parvo-will not help and may make things worse as vaccines should only be giving to pets that are WELL!! Is your baby getting treatment for the Parvo??

Customer :

the one at the vet is

Customer :

i have one showing the same simptoms

Dr. Jenn :

Yikes--it can be passed easily to other dogs-- he needs to get to a vet right away to begin treatment as this virus is l

A Positive RATING with an EXCITED FACE or 5 STARS is appreciated as this is how I know you have received the information and that I receive credit for my time.

Please reply using the CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION button if more information is needed at any time.

Please ONLY rate my answer when you are completely satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and REPLY to me using the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with further concerns. I will then be able to continue further and provide you with the information you need.

ife threatening if left untreated-as I'm sure you already know.

GOod luck!

Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 4 years ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Little Girl. How is everything going?

Dr. Jenn