Dr. Jay Mawhinney
Dr. Jay Mawhinney, Veterinarian
Experience:  34+ years experience in day practice and in critical care.
22217170

is there a veterinarian in the greater kansas city or overland

Customer Question

is there a veterinarian in the greater kansas city or overland park area who is experienced and has a good record of success with spaying young mares? thank you - Patricia J Rew,XXXXX Paola, Kansas XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. Probably your best bet would be the Kansas State College of Veterinary Medicine in Manhattan, KS. I am not aware of any that are closer, but I will "Opt Out" to see if any other expert is more familiar with the area. Dr. Barbara

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.

My name is Camille and I’m the moderator for this topic. I am sorry, but It seems that the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. But don’t worry….. If you are still waiting for an answer, I will try to find a new professional to assist you! Please keep in mind that sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. All of our Professionals come on at varying times, so sometimes it’s a bit difficult to predict. Either way....If you would prefer not to wait, please feel free to let me know, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you.

Camille

Expert:  Dr. Jay Mawhinney replied 4 years ago.
Hi
I agree with Dr. Barbara's idea of calling the Kansas State Veterinary School. They will be able to refer you to at least board certified Equine Surgeons. Another source always is your local veterinary association for your county and also the State Veterinary association as they will have a full list of qualified Equine Veterinarians. Hope this helps.
Dr. Jay Mawhinney

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.