Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Veterinarian
Experience:  6 years practice in medicine and surgery
58691978

Hi we live in Scotland, where we have very cold winters, we

Hi we live in Scotland, where we have very cold winters, we have a one year old female rabbit whom we kept as a house rabbit until near the end of summer this year, we put her outside in a wooden hutch, placed the hutch inside a polythene greenhouse, but now worried that she wont make it through the winter! Is it safe to bring here back in the house?
kind regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr_Kitty replied 1 year ago.

Dr_Kitty :

hello

Customer:

Hi

Dr_Kitty :

hello

Dr_Kitty :

so is your concern bringing the rabbit in suddenly?

Customer:

Have you read my question about my bunny?

Customer:

yes!

Dr_Kitty :

what is the temp there now....have to tell me in farenheit tho :) im in US

Customer:

its not very cold at the moment i am more worried about how cold it is going to get! i dont know how to convert! its about 1 celsius! hope that helps :)

Dr_Kitty :

if it is not too cold now, you can move her back inside

Dr_Kitty :

if there is not a big temperature extreme you can move her. if it is significant, i would try to move her to possibly an enclosed porch or a room that isnt heated as warm as the rest of the house

Dr_Kitty :

so that is about 33 degrees farenhit which is somewhat cool

Dr_Kitty :

can you move her into an intermediate cooled/warmed area?

Customer:

i have nowhere to put her, apart from indoors, but i dont have the heating on upstairs just now so it is very cool, would that be ok?

Dr_Kitty :

that would be great

Dr_Kitty :

keep her there a few days then move her into house temperature

Customer:

perfect! thank you so much for your time :)

Dr_Kitty :

hope she does well. watch for any snuffling or sneezing and see a vet if you do. if you do it slowly, should not see this. If i have been helpful, please remember to rate me when you exit chat :) thanks!

Customer:

thank you! have a nice day! :)

Dr_Kitty :

you too!

Dr_Kitty, Veterinarian
Experience: 6 years practice in medicine and surgery