Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

My cat has beeen meowing a whole lot today, she usually meows

Customer Question

My cat has beeen meowing a whole lot today, she usually meows a lot but today she has been staying in this one spot staring at a chair with these long drawn out meows.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! I would be happy to assist you. I am a 2003 graduate from UC Davis and a Medical Director of a veterinarian practice.

Don't forget, the deposit you have placed is not used to compensate the professional until you rate my service! Please remember, that when you are asked to provide a rating, it is a rating of my answer, and not the website itself. I will do everything possible to provide a timely and detailed response.

I am sorry to hear about this concern.
Extremely difficult to assess whether there is a concern or not. The primary worry is that this is a distinct change for Little Kitty. It can frequently be an indicator of underlying pain or even problems like a urinary tract infection.

Some cats will do this when going in to heat as well.
so, tough to say if a concern or not. I do feel if the problem persists or you observe ANY other evidence of illness, I would get into a vet.
That could include:
- vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, changes in urination habits, open mouth breathing to also suggest distress/anxiety/pain.

Click on the below link and enter your zip code to the right. If you find a local Veterinary Centers of America hospital, their website will have a link to a free examination voucher.
VCA hospital locator
(Disclosure: I work for a VCA hospital)
I always appreciate hearing about any experiences if you find a local VCA hospital to assist you

Hope that info helps
Please remember to select a feedback rating before you leave.
Good Luck

Please remember to leave a feedback rating before you leave or close the window. Providing a rating is the only way for an expert to receive credit from Justanswer for their time. Bonuses are also greatly welcomed if the answer is helpful.

You may also select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need more information BEFORE RATING. I would be happy to try and be of the greatest assistance possible before you provide a rating.

REMEMBER: Even after you submit feedback, you can still review our discussion or reply if needed. Unfortunately, I cannot legally prescribe medications or offer a definitive diagnosis without performing a physical examination, which is necessary to establish a client-patient-doctor relationship. Any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian. While information may be discussed, only your primary veterinarian should make the determination on therapy.

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
I hope everything is going okay. May I be of any further assistance?