robertnjrotc
robertnjrotc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal private practice veterinarian
71397578

Hello, My boys have 2 smooth knob tail geckos & one has

My boys have 2 smooth knob tail geckos & one has developed a condition over the last week. It's lower lip appears disjointed & protrudes slightly, he is walking on his forearms instead of high on his claws. Generally looks unwell & unbalanced when getting around when it does move. It does not have the energy or coordination to feed so we have been placing crickets in his mouth & it has eaten them.

Not sure what the problem is, if anyone can help your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Darrin
My name isXXXXX will try and help you as best as I can.
First a few questions: does your gecko have an adequate UVB bulb? Are you supplementing calcium?
It sounds like your gecko has metabolic bone disease. You will need to address the diet and UVB lighting for this problem to fix itself. I recommend an x-ray and visit to your vet to make sure this is what is currently the major problem..
Many calcium supplements are available at your local pet store as well as the UVB lighting. Metabolic bone disease leads to deformities and can sometimes lead to fractures. An x-ray would definitely be a good idea.
Hi Darrin,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Stripe. How is everything going?

robertnjrotc