Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

my little cat Sophie is straining and passing a tint amount

my little cat Sophie is straining and passing a tint amount of blood in her urine. It is now passed five o'clock and vets are closed. Can we wait till monday morning?

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Generally the answer is yes as long as she can produce some urine (even a drop) then her bladder will be uncomfortable but not dangerous. If at any point she strains and NOTHING comes out then she is blocked and this is now an emergency and can no longer wait. This is pretty rare in females so the odds are she'll be ok. Expect frequent trips to the litter box and urination possibly outside of the litter box but waiting until Monday as long as she's eating, drinking, not vomiting and urinating at least something... is ok.

Dr. Dan