Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management

Hi, my mother in law is ill and her Shi-tsu is also ill. It

Customer Question

Hi, my mother in law is ill and her Shi-tsu is also ill. It is only 6 months old and is on heat (1st time) but she is shivering, listless and cannot walk properly. She also appears to be constipated and has a stool lodged (partially) in her bottom. We are trying to get a doctor out to my mother in law and probably need to get the dog to a vet. Any thoughts on what may be wrong with her? Regards AH
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 3 years ago.
Hi AH - Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and specialist and will do my best to assist you today!

Are you able to take her rectal temperature?

Is she eating / drinking?

What color are the gums?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I need to go tound to her house in the new half hour. I'm not with the dog and my wife is taking her mother to the doctors.

I think Molly is off her food, I'll look at her gums when I get to the house and I'll see if there's a thermometer we can use to check her temperature.

I'm hoping I can re-connect to you using my iphone as there is no computer where the dog is.

Regards Alan

ok - please let me know!