robertnjrotc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal private practice veterinarian

my rescue mule in her 20s has thrown her left hip out, it

my rescue mule in her 20's has thrown her left hip out, it appears that it is rotated forward and out, would chiropractic adjustments for horses be recommended?
Has the hip been checked out by a vet? Often times there can be damage to surrounding ligaments and structures in the joint. Putting the leg back in place would ideally need to be done under anesthesia, or at least strong sedation. However, she may need extensive surgery to keep the leg in the joint and the leg may come back out again. I would recommend having a vet check it first, then making a decision from there. I dont think chiropractic adjustments will help in this case.
Hi Raven,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?