robertnjrotc
robertnjrotc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal private practice veterinarian
71397578

I HAVE A 10 YR OLD STAFFY AND I THINK SHE

I HAVE A 10 YR OLD STAFFY AND I THINK SHE HAS A TUMOUR ON HER HIND LEG IN THE MUSCLE ! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE TRIAL THAT IS BEING DONE ON THE INJECTION I SAW ON TV AWHILE AGO WHERE THE TUMOUR WAS INJECTED DIRECTLY WITH THIS SUBSTANCE AND THE TUMOUR SHRANK AND EVENTUALLY DISAPPEARED! FROM LESLEY XXXXXXX [email protected]

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Hello, My name isXXXXX and I will try and help you as best as I can. Your vet said it was an aggressive sun cancer, did he say what kind of cancer he was thinking? Many of the new therapies available are only for specific cancers. Does your dog have any other tumors on the body? Has the dog been worked up for cancer (ie. chest x-rays, abdominal ultrasound, bloodwork)?
Please let me know if I can provide any more help.

Please also don't forget to leave positive feedback!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no I have not any work up done as yet for cancer just the thought of surgery and the pain it will cause turned me off. I should take her to have the bloodtests done I suppose!

The surgery will be slightly painful, but we have great pain medications and recovery may not be too bad. I would recommend the bloodwork if you are even thinking about surgery. Let me know if you have any other questions.
robertnjrotc, Veterinarian
Experience: Small animal private practice veterinarian