CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

the vet says my rabbits eye has burst whaat is the best

the vet says my rabbits eye has burst whaat is the best thing for it
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and specialist and will do my best to assist you today!

I am terribly sorry to hear this news.

If the actual eye has burst / ruptured, it would most often be removed - the medical term is called enucleation.

This is because a ruptured eye is very painful and has a large risk for not only continued pain, but infection.

For this reason, if truly burst / ruptured, enucleation (removal of the eye) would be most commonly performed.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate the professional until you rate my service! Please know, we do everything possible, even when illness is concerned, to give accurate and compassionate information. Please do not rate the website itself or the illness, rather the compassionate and timely information.

Join thousands of satisfied customers by adding me to your bookmarks/favorites: CriticalCareVet.
Just type your future question in the text box to direct it to my personal attention.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. This is for informational purposes only. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site. While information may be discussed, this is not intended as an encouragement for you to self treat your pet, rather information online, and any treatment provided should only be performed after consulting your veterinarian. This is information ONLY, not advice. More information can be found HERE