Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

I need help my 2little dog are very sick and I have no money

I need help my 2little dog are very sick and I have no money to take them to the vet. I think they have parvo or something poisened them
Hello, I am Dr. Peter a licensed Veterinarian. I would like to help. I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice. There is no additional charge for information request.

1- Can you describe the symptoms?
2- How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
last tuesday all the symptoms of prarvo, I have 4 dog and they are showing signs of nt eating today the 1 year old is very sick and the other 2 ar just not wanting to eat.
1- Do they have bloody diarrhea?
2- Vomiting?
3- Lethargy?
4- Pale gums?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
aLL THE ABOVE
I really do understand your financial limitations, but, if the dogs have all of the above symptoms as you already know, they may have parvo virus. Without supportive care (IV fluids, antibiotics, anti emetics, etc.), parvo is often fatal. I would strongly recommend to consider looking into the ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at lower cost. In the meantime, this is what you can do:

1- Start them on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 0.1-0.2mg per pound body weight every 12 hours. You can find Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy. If you do not have pepcid ac leave without anything. Do not give pepto bismol it will make the bleeding worst.

2- No food or water for the next 8-12 hours. Need to give belly time to rest.

3- After 8-12 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep on this diet for several days then wean into regular diet.

4- Follow up with a veterinarian.

Hope the above helps, if you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter