Dr-Lumi
Dr-Lumi, Veterinarian
Experience:  PhD, DVM, specialist in Oncology
63615638

how much asprin can i give my 50 lb mixed breed dog who has

how much asprin can i give my 50 lb mixed breed dog who has a hurt leg? She is 5 years old.

Dr-Lumi :

Hi, I am Dr. Lumi and I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to help you with your questions.

Dr-Lumi :

How old is your dog? Does he have any health problems otherwise - particularly kidney problems. And is he taking any other medications?

Dr-Lumi :

If your dog has not other concurrent problems and he is not taking steroids or other non-steroidal anttinflammatory medications (such as Deramaxx, Rimadyl, Previcox, Vetprofen, Metacam etc), you can give anywhere from 250 to 320mg of aspirin. This translates in 3 baby aspirins or one regular strength (it is 320mg)

Customer :

she is 5 years old and weighs 50 pounds .we do not know of any problems other than a sensitive stomach. If she eats dog biscuits or grocery store dog food she gets horrible gas. we feed her a brand called All Natural and give her only jerky treats, and she never has gas now. after playing outside all day she has started limping. She a rescue mixed dog. (so mixed we can't really give her a predominant breed recognition)

Dr-Lumi :

then it is ok to use the aspirin dose I gave you. You can do it for a few days, but it would be best to have her seen by your vet if she is still limping, to get a doggie aspirin (like the ones I mentioned above) because they are safer

Dr-Lumi :

I hope she feels better soon!

Dr-Lumi :

Please let me know if you have any furtehr questions. If you found the information I provded helpful, I would greatly appreciate if you accept my answer so I can be credited for our conversation.

Customer :

thank you... it has helped a lot