CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

my dog is panting heavily not moving around,not eating or drinking.

Customer Question

my dog is panting heavily not moving around,not eating or drinking. symptoms started today, scottie -poo weighs approx 30 lb. Usually jumping and running.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

What color are the gums?

Is there vomiting?

Change in stool?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
purple gums more black at tooth base, mouth cold. have seen no emesis or stool.
If possible, you can take the temperature.

You can use a digital human thermometer if you have that available.

Using KY Jelly or Vaseline, you can gently insert the thermometer into the rectum.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
after 1 min ...97 with glass thermometer.
That temperature is very low.

If your family veterinarian is not open and available for evaluation, I would use this link (HERE) to find an ER in your area for evaluation today.

This description is one of a very sick dog - and needs to be evaluated with testing such as bloodwork and even x-rays for this bloated belly as soon as posssible!
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" button if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

This is necessary so that I can get credit for assisting you and compensated for my time.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE), bookmark my page for future help, or beginning your question with For CriticalCareVet
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there was no bloated belly....but never mind , she just expired. thanks
That was my concern above - serious illness.

Sorry for your loss.