replied 4 years ago.
1. You ask Mrs. Langan whether or not she has ever brough her dog, rex to the office before. She replies that she has, once, two years ago. Mrs. Langan's response is called.
a. Her message
c. A reference Point.
2. A new Veterinary assistant has overbooked a veterinarian for a particular day. In addition, the veterinarian is late returning from a class she teaches across town. The waiting room is backed up and some of the clients are getting anxious, and some of the patients are ovbiously uncomfortable. What should the assistant do?
a. Make an announcement to everyone that the veterinarian is late and you have no idea when she'll arrive.
b. Talk to the clients one at a time, begining with those who will have the longest wait. Ask them if they would like to reschedule, cancel, or wait.
c. Talk to the clients one at a time, begining with those who will have the shortest wait. Ask them if they would lie to reschedule, cancel, or wait.
d. Have someone go out an try and track the veterinarian down.
3. Whate are the components of the communication process?
A. Message, sender, channel, and receiver.
b. Messsage, interference, refernce poins, and comunications.
c. Feedback, speaker, voice, and listener
d. Feedback, sender, channel, and message.
4. Tanya became a veterinary assistant because she loves the work, but no matter how hard she tries or how many overtime hours she works, she never seems to be able to please her perfectionist boss. She has become so rundown that she often has to call in sick with a cold or the flu, and she's depressed much of the time. What is Tanya probably suffering from?
c. Temporary withdrawl
5. What's a monoton voice?
A. A voice that doesn't show a change in feeling or pitch
b. A pleasant voice that shows enthusiasm and warmth
c. A Type of answering services that handles calls during off hours
d. A low- pitched, rich voice often heard in speakers using a micricophone.
Answer a. I don't know that is right answer.
6. A client tells you, the veterinary assistant, that her cat, Gizmo, has had a lump on his neck for two days. What should you say to her.
A. lump is something to be concerned about.
b. Try not to worry. The doctor will be able to discuss your concerns.
c. Does Gizmo seem to be irritated by it? What about when you touch it?
d. Has Gizmo had cancer in past.
7. A veterinary assistant has asked a client," What brings Simba to the vet today? "The client won't speak and is glaring at the assistant. What should the veterinary assistant say to the client?
A. Well, I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
b. Are you deaf.
c. You seem to be angry with me. Have I done something to offend you?
d. Perhaps, if we knew more about how Simba was feeling, we might be able to make him a little more comfortable sooner.
8. A youn g woman with an obviously sick dog has just walked up to the reception area. The veterinay assistant has never seen the dog before, and a new patient named Freebie is schedule for an appointment at the this time. What should the assistant say?
A. Is this Freebie? I 'm Liz. I'll be out in a minute to ask you some question about Freebie.
B. The way that dog looks, it must be Freebie.
c. Hello There and have a seat.
d. The poor thing. Why don't you go straight into the examination room so your dog will be more comfroatble. What did you say your dog's name is.
9. Mrs. Keefer thinks her Siamese cat could be expecting kittens. She asks you, the veterinary assistant, if her cat'ss swollen abdomen means she's pregnant. You should reply.
a. "Yes, I bet it does".
b. "Probably. My Cat looke like that before, and she gie birth.
c. "I'm not sure, Mrs. Keefer. We'll just have to wait and see.
d. "I'm certain the veterinarian will be able to let you know for sure, Mrs. Keefer".
10. Mike, a veterinary assistant, usually wears jeans with holes in the knees and old sneakers to work. Al though Mike's a perfectionist, hi attire may indicate otherwise, What do this clothes say about him?
A. That he's the knd of person who likes to be comfortable.
b. That he's sloppy and a bit unprofessional.
c. That professional attire doesn't matter for veterinary assistants
d. That Veterinary assistant usually wear comfortable cloths.
11. A Co-worke coninually makes derogatory comments about your smoking even though you don't smoke at work. She's even brought in literature about the dangers of smoking and posted it around your desk. You feel harassed. You should.
a. Thank for her concern and ask her to stop.
b. Tell the veterinarian.
c. report her to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
d. Tell her off.
Answer A. or C.
12. Mr. Jackson has Just told the veterinary assistant, Nick, that his dog is dying. Nick's response is, "Im really sorry. Losing a beloved pet can be really tough. In this response, Nick is displaying which of the following personaility traits.
13. Select the word in which is H should not be enunciated
14. A client is explaining to a veterinary assistant why she decided put her elderly dog to sleep. The assistant says. "That's not as bad as wha happened to me. " The assistant has blocked the flpw of comminicaton by.
A. giving unwelcome advicce.
b. driverting the clients's attention.
c. giving false reassurance.
d. moralizing the converstation.
15. Melany, a veterinary assistant, just explained to a client. Mrs. Sanchez, how to give her cat is medication. Mrs. Sanchez looks confused, however, Melany is aware that English is Mrs. Sanchezs second language, and that she may not have understood her message. Mrs. Sanchez's limited English is second language, and the say may not have understood her message. Mrs Sanchez's limted English is one of her.
a. reference points
b. personality traits.
c. defense mechanisms.
d. nonverbal cues.
16. Frank has been a veterinary assistant for three years. He's competent and enjoys his work. Lately, howeve, he's been unable to get his job off of his mind. Sometimes, he even has nightmares about the amount of work he had to do, and he worries that he'll never get caught up. Which of the following is the
most positive way for Fred to cope with his stress?
a. Call in sick
c. Drinking alcohol
d. Taking a vacation.
17. The veterinary assistant should neer let the phone ring more than__________________times?
18. The assistant has been asked to call a client about a delinquent account. Which of the followin is the best way to handle the call?
a. Hello, is Mr. Pike there? No? Could you tell him Dr. Thompson's office called about this account?
b. Hello, is this Mr Pike? Liz from Dr. Thimpson's office here. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but if you don't pay your bill immediately we're going to have to send it to a collection agency.
c. Hello, Mr. Pike. This is Liz from Dr. Thompson's office. How are you today? Good, Glad to hear it. I called because I was concerened about not hearing from you in a while. I kno you've always kept your account current in the past. Maybe we could work out a payment plan for the amount that's overdue?
d. Richard? Richard Pike? Hi This is Liz from Dr. Thompson office. Remember me, the red head who went to school with your nephew? Yeah, how's old Kenny doing, anyway? He always used to tell the funniest jokes. Listen, the reason i'm calling_______ I really hate to have to do this, but it's business, you know? I was wondering, maybe we could work out a payment plan. A little now, then a little each month until your account is square.
19. There of the following remarks are insensitive to others, one is sensitive. Select the one remark that senstive.
a. would Eric and Jenna like to read? Here's a trick book for boys, and here's a cute little bunny story for Jenna.
B. Mrs. Lawson, go ahead and pour yourself and Mr. Lawson a cup of coffee of you like . I'm too busy to wait on your right now.
C.Mrs Lawson, didn't you tell me that Eric likes trucks? And jenna likes bunnies? here are some books they might like.
D. Somene will have to help to Mr. Lawson when he gets here-he's the one in the wheelchair.
20. A client and her Cocker Spaniel enter the office and approach you. At the same time, the veterinarian appears to request a file, the phone rings, and small child in the waiting room asks you for a book.
a. retreive the file the veterinarian has requestion
b. answer the phone
c. greet the client who just entered with the dog.
d. attend to the needs of the child.