CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

Which of the following is true

Which of the following is true of administering intravenous fluids
A. Fluids are given through an intravenous catheter to help maintain the patient's blood pressure.
B. You, the veterinary assistant, are responsible for injecting the needle into the animal's vein.
C. lV catheters are usually placed in the jugular vein of small and large animals.

D. To save time in an emergency, drugs are administered through. A direct injection rather than the lV catheter already in place.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I would choose A with your information above.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Onychectomies are performed on dogs and cats to
a. help prevent diseases.
b. return a prolapsed organs to its normal located.
c. remove one or more claws.
d. assist animals having difficulty giving birth.

C.
C is correct.

PLEASE remember to click accept to continue.

CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience: Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're observing a veterinarian who is performing a necropsy. The veterinarian is performing this procedure to
A. help an animal recover from an anesthetic emergency.
b. remove instruments inadvertently left in a patent's abdominal cavity during a surgery.
c. help determine the cause of the animal's death.
d. remove a foreign body from the stomach of a dog.

C. I think that is the right answer
C is 100% correct.

Please remember to click accept. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's your responsibility to prepare a cat for surgery. To prepare the surgery site,
a. start the scrub at the outside of the clipped area and work toward the center.
b. vigorously scrub the skin to ensure that all contaminants are removed
c. use the reverse side of a scrub sponge if one side gets dirty.
d. start the scrub at the center of the clipped area and work toward the outside.

I think the answer is d. not sure if that is the right answer.
D is 100% correct.

If there are new questions, please remember to click accept for the question answered before starting a new one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do anticholinergic agents do?
a. Dry secretions and increase the heart rate
b. Relieve pain and decrease the heart rate
c. Restrain the animal for anesthetic administration
d. Attache to opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord.

I said b. Then I changed it to a. I wanted to make sure that b is right answer.

CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do anticholinergic agents do?

A is correct.

They cause
dry-mouth (xerostomia)

They cause increase in heart rate.

The answer is A
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
During surgery exposed organs that aren't being immediately operated on should be protected by songes moistened with sterile saline. This is done to prevent
a. drying
b. infection
c. prolapsing
d. inadvertent incisions.

I picked answer a. I don't know if that is right answer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

D is correct.

there are new questions, please remember to click accept for the question answered before starting a new one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
During surgery, exposed organs that aren't being immediately operated on should be protected by sponges moistened with sterile saline. This is done to prevent
A. Drying
B. Infection
C. Prolapsing
D. Inadvertent incisions

A.

A

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which of the following is true of a defibrillator?
A. It's difficult to measure the electrical shock to the patient
B. Only the surgeon should touch the patient
C. It shouldn't be used during CPR.
D. It delivers the electrical charge to the patient through two paddles.

I picked answer d.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
C. It shouldn't be used during CPR.

I picked answer d.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A. It's difficult to measure the electrical shock to the patient.
B. Only the surgeon should touch the patient.
C. It shouldn't be used during CPR.
D it delivers the electrical charge to the patient through two paddles.

I picked answer d.

CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which of the followings true of a defibrillator?
C. It shouldnt be used during CPR

I really need your help with this question. I wanted make sure my answer is
Right. I picked d. I really appreciate your help
D is correct.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How many milliliters of oxymorphone at a dosage of 0.1 mg/kg and a concentration of 1.5 mg/ml should be given to a 30 kg dog?
a. 0.2 ml
b. 1.5 ml
c. 2 ml
d. 4 ml

I picked answer 2 ml... c.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a. 0.2 ml
b. 1.5 ml
c. 2 ml
d. 4 ml

I picked answer 2 ml... c.
C is correct.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
9. describes a level of anesthesia a which it's safe for the veterinarian to perform surgery without the risk of the patient feeling pain.
a. analgesia
b. induction
c. tranquilization
d. General anestheisa

I want to make sure the right answer is d.

D is correct.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're assisting a vertrinarian who is performing surgery on a dog. The anesthetist checks the patient's respiratory rate, heart rate, and blood pressure at 12:15 PM. When should she check these vital signs again?
a. 12:20 p.m
b. 12:16 PM
c. 12:45 P.M
d. At the end of the procedure.

I picked answer a. If that is the right answer.
A is correct.

Please remember to click accept before beginning a new question unrelated to the previous.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how did you know that a is the right answer to that question.... Can you tell how you get the answer a.
It should be re-assessed every 5 minutes while under anesthesia.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're observing a veterinarian performing surgery on female dog. You watch as the surgeon ties off the vessels to the ovaries and removes the ovaries, uterus and uterine horns. The surgeon is performing a (n)
a. exploratory laparotomy.
b. ocariohsterectomy.
c. Cesarian section.
d. onychectomy.

I think the right answer b. I not sure that is the right answer....

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a. exploratory laparotomy.
b. ocariohsterectomy.
c. Cesarian section.
d. onychectomy.

-Please remember to click accept before beginning a new question unrelated to the previous.

-
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ou're observing a veterinarian performing surgery on female dog. You watch as the surgeon ties off the vessels to the ovaries and removes the ovaries, uterus and uterine horns. The surgeon is performing a (n)
a. exploratory laparotomy.
b. ocariohsterectomy.
c. Cesarian section.
d. onychectomy.

Are you sure your "B" is spelled right?

-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
B. ovariohysterectomy.
B is 100% correct.

-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why should you check an animal's temperature at the end of anesthesia?
a. to note a significant decrease in the animal's temperature under anesthesia
b. to note a significant increase in the animal's temperature under anesthesia
c. To stimulate the animal to wake up.
d. to determine how close the animal os to recovery

I picked this answer is a.

a veterinarian can use a (n) to directly measure an animal's blood pressure
a. Doppler blood pressure monitor
b. hand placed on the animal's chest
c. IV catheter ( connected to a transducer) in an artery
d. esophageal stethoscope

I picked answer a on this question.. I want to make sure that a is the right answer.
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
c. To stimulate the animal to wake up.

I picked this answer is a.

a. Doppler blood pressure monitor
b. hand placed on the animal's chest
d. esophageal stethoscope

I picked answer a on this question.. I want to make sure that a is the right a

Which of the following groups of three signs would you expect to see in an animal placed under anesthesia
A. Jaw tone increases, the blink response gets stronger, and the eyes turn downward
b. Jaw tone decreases, the blink response is lost, and the eyes turn downward.
c. Jaw tone decreases, the blink response gets stronger, and the eyes turn upward
d. Jaw tone increases, the blink response is lost, and the eye turns outward.

I picked answer b.

You're assisting with a surgery when the animal begins to suffer bradycardia. The veterinarian should
a. begin CPR immediately
b. administer drugs to increases the animal's blood pressure
c. breathe for the animal using the rebreathing bag.
d. administer drugs to speed up the animal's heart rate.

I picked d. answer

You're assisting with a surgical procedure when the surgeon asks for scissors. How will you hand the scissors to the surgeon?
a. Gently slide them into the pocked of the surgeon's gown
b. slide them across the table within easy access of the surgeon.
c. Place the handle of the scissors firmly into the surgeon's hand.
d. Hand them to the veterinary technician, who will hand them to the surgeon when ready.

I picked answer b.

Which of the following is true of administering anesthetic drugs?
a. Sedatives are given only before surgery.
b. Never administer a tranquilizer with an opioid.
c. The effects of a narcotic can be reversed by administering another drug.
d. The veterinary assistant is responsible for calculating doses.

I picked answer d.

An anesthesia machine contains which of the following pieces of equipment?
a. A vaporizer, a suction unit, tubing, an oxygen source, and a scavenging unit
b. A vaporizer, tubing, an oxygen source, a breathing bag, and a scavenging unit
c. Fiberoptic elements, tubing, an oxygen source, and a breathing bag
d. A vaporizer, tubing, an oxygen source, a ground plate, and a scavenging unit.

I picked answer b.

You're observing a surgeon preparing brian tissue samples for rabies testing. How should the samples be sent to the lab?
a. In aluminum foil and frozen
b. in two plastic bags and refrigerated
c. in a container of formalin
d. in a container of frozen formalin

I picked answer b.

An ECG unit is used to measure the
a. patient's blood pressure
b. electrical activity of a patient's heart
c. patient's level of anesthesia
d. electrical activity of the patient's brain.

I picked answer b.

Please focus on one question at a time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
c. To stimulate the animal to wake up.

I picked this answer is a.

a. Doppler blood pressure monitor
b. hand placed on the animal's chest
d. esophageal stethoscope

I picked answer b.
-
Please focus on one question at a time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
c. To stimulate the animal to wake up.

I picked this answer is a.
The answr ris :

-

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a. Doppler blood pressure monitor
b. hand placed on the animal's chest
d. esophageal stethoscope

The answer is:

A, doppler - is an INDIRECT (not direct) method.

BEFORE another question - Please remember to click accept before beginning a new question unrelated to the previous
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I picked answer b.

BEFORE a new, unrelated question - Please remember to click accept before beginning a new question unrelated to the previous
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which of the following groups of three signs would you expect to see in an animal placed under anesthesia

B
Correct answer:

-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a. begin CPR immediately
d. Administer drugs to speed up the animal's heart rate.

I picked d. answer

-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ou're assisting with a surgery when the animal begins to suffer bradycardia. The veterinarian should
a. begin CPR immediately

I picked d. answer Can you please help me with question
-

-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You resend me that same question over agin. I just need to know if my answer is right for
you're assisting with a surgery when the animal begins to suffer bradycardia. The veterinarian a. begin CPR immediately

I picked d. answer
Sorry - you didnt accept it before starting a new now, I assumed you did not get it.

-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need accept the answer. I just need to know that answer the one i just send you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I picked answer b.

I need accept the answer!!!

BEFORE a new, unrelated question - Please remember to click accept before beginning a new question unrelated to the previous-
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need accept the answer....

Can you please help me with that question please

I picked answer b.

I need accept the answer!!!
What do you mean you "I need accept the answer!!!"?

What does that mean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think you want me to Accept the last answer.. I did... I just to know if the answer for the question i keep sending you is the right answer... I have been waiting for the answer
You did not accept the answer for the most recent question I answered for you.

That was not yet accepted.

Nor was

Neither of those were accepted-
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I picked answer b.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hich of the following is true of administering anesthetic drugs?

I picked answer d.
Did you receive the previous answer?

If yes, Please remember to click accept before beginning a new question unrelated to the previous
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Excellent!

Please remember to click accept before beginning a new question unrelated to the previous
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I really appreciate that you are help me...
Place the handle of the scissors firmly into the surgeon's hand.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is not the question i need help with... I get that question.. I need help with the questions.

I ready accept that answer!!!

No - you did not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i need...
Ok - please click accept to credit the previous question and I will continue with your NEW question.
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need...

For example, benzodiazepines and be reversed with flumazenil.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
an anesthesia machine contains which of the following pieces of equipment?

I picked answer b.
The effects of a narcotic can be reversed by administering another drug.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I picked answer b.

Please click accept for this question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're observing a surgeon preparing brain tissue samples for rabies testing. How should the samples be sent to lab. a. in aluminum foil and frozen b. In two plastic bags and refrigerated c. in a container of formalin d. in a container of frozen formalin. I picked answer b.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A vaporizer, tubing, an oxygen source, a breathing bag, and a scavenging unit

Please click accept for this question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a. In aluminum foil and frozen
b. in two plastic bags and refrigerated
c. in a container of formalin
d. in a container of frozen formalin

I picked answer b.
Previous Answer - A
vaporizer, tubing, an oxygen source, a breathing bag, and a scavenging unit

Please click accept for this question before starting a new one.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ou're observing a surgeon preparing brian tissue samples for rabies testing. How should the samples be sent to the lab?
a. In aluminum foil and frozen
b. in two plastic bags and refrigerated
c. in a container of formalin
d. in a container of frozen formalin

I picked answer b.
0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a. In aluminum foil and frozen
b. in two plastic bags and refrigerated
c. in a container of formalin
d. in a container of frozen formalin

I picked answer b.

can you please help with this question please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a. In aluminum foil and frozen
b. in two plastic bags and refrigerated
c. in a container of formalin
d. in a container of frozen formalin

I picked answer b.

B is correct.

I will ask you to PLEASE click accept before going on to a new question. It is only fair as each question is unique and requires time to investigate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
An ECG unit is used to measure the
a. patient's blood pressure.
c. patient's level of anesthesia
d. electrical activity of the patient's brian
-B is correct.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
9. Which of the following is true of a discharge order?
A. It's preprinted with blanks only for the clients name and
Signature, the doctors name and signature, and the date.
B. lt lists only recommendations about diet, activity, and medication.
C. It becomes part of the animals medical record
D. It's filled out by a veterinarian.

A.

11.veterinary technicians are mainly responsible for
A. Scheduling appointments for patients
B. paying bills and ordering supplies.
C. Assisting a veterinarian in delivering medical care.
D. Maintaining and repairing the practice's equipment.

C. Answers
9) C - it should be part of the medical record

11) C. Assisting a veterinarian in delivering medical care
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5. Information about the proper attire for the veterinary practice in which you work willbe found in the
A. OSHA guidelines.
B.right-to- know station
C.personnel policies
D. Procedures manual
A. Answer

17. Which of the following statements is true
Concerning admitting an animal patient to the
Clinic?
A. The veterinary assistant is solely responsible
For admitting patients
B. animals are left only when they are sick.
C. The owner of the animal can sign consent forms at any time before discharged
D. You may be asked to assist your veterinarian

A. Answer

18. Which medical record format is known as the conventional type
A. Problem
B. source oriented
C. Objective
D. Subjective

D. Answer

19. Which of the following statements best
describes handling animals in a veterinary
Practice?
A. You should rely on clients to hold their own animals while you attend to them
B. all animals can be handled in the same manner
C. Always be sure to work with another staff member
D. You need to interpret an animal's behaviours and facial expressions.

D. Answer.

20. Which of the following would be included as subjective data on an animal's medical record?
A. The animals heart rate
B. the animals temperature
C. The animals respiration rate
D. The animals attitude

Answer d.
Please click accept before starting a new question.
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A. OSHA guidelines.
B.right-to- know station
C.personnel policies
D. Procedures manual
A. Answer

Clinic?
For admitting patients

A. Answer

A. Problem
B. source oriented
C. Objective
D. Subjective

D. Answer

Practice?

D. Answer.

A. The animals heart rate
B. the animals temperature
C. The animals respiration rate
D. The animals attitude

Answer d.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5. Information about the proper attire for the veterinary practice in which you work will be found in the.
a. OSHA guidelines.
b. right- to- know station
c. personnel policies
d. procedures manual.

7. In processing the mail for a veterinary practice, the veterinary assistant should.
a. open and read every piece of mail that comes into the practice.
b. sort the mail by addressee.
c. set aside the junk mail and give the rest to the office manager
d. deal with routine mail, not mail that requires follow-up action.

a. It's preprinted with blanks only for the client's name and signature, the doctor's name and signature, and the date.
b. it list only recommendiations about diet, activity, and medication.
c. its becomes part of the animals medical record.
d. its filled out only by a veterinarian.

c. answer.

17. Which of the following statemnts is true concering admitting an anima patient to the clinic?
a. The veterinary assistant is solely responsible for admitting patients.
b. Animals are left only when they're sick.
c. The owne of the animal can sign consent forms at any time befor dischaged.
d. You may be asked to assist your veterinarian.

d. Answer

18.Which medical record formate is known as the conbentional type.
a problem oriented
b. source oriented.
c. objective
d. subjective

b. answer

19. Which of the following statements best describles handling animals in a veterinary practice?
a. You should rely on clients to hold their own animals while you attend to them
b. all animals can be handled in the same manner
c. always be sure to work another staff member.
d. you need to interpet an animal's behaviors and facial experessions.

d. answer

a. The animal's heart rate
b. The animal's temperature
c. The animal's respiration rate
d. the animal's attitude.

d. answer
c. personnel policies

b. sort the mail by addressee.

b. source oriented.

d. the animal's attitude.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which of the following is true of the accrual basis of accounting?

a. Revenues are recognized only when paymetn is cash is recived.
b. accrual accounting make record keepin simpler than cash basic accounting.
c. accounts are update even whe customers used credit to pay for services.
d. Expenses are recognized only when they're paid in cash.

I think the right answer b.

2. Based on your knowledge of the proper way to schedule veterinary appointments, what can you conclude from the appointment book.

a. The veterinary assistan overbooked the veterinarian.
b. Not enough time is blocked off for the veterinarian's lunch and breaks.
c. The veterinary assistant scheduled the house call at the wrong time.
d The veterianry assistant works for more than one veterinarian.

I picked c. The veterinary assistant schedule the house call at the wrong time.

3. What additional information should be included in the appointment book

a. A code to indicate a new patient.
b. How long each procedure takes
c. The client's telpehone numbers
d. The age of the pets.

D. The age of the pets. Not sure if that is the right answer.

4. What type of information would you find on a "want" list in the veterinary office?
a. A list of necessary OSHA guidelines for safty in the veterinary office.
b. A list of skills that staff members would like to learn through cross training.
c. A list of merchandise that a customer has ordered for a pet.
d A list of supplies that are running low and need to be ordered.

D. A list of supplies that are running low and need to be ordered. I don't know if that is the right answer.

5. A credit bureau has contacted the veterinay office in which you work inqiure about the status of a customer's account. Which of the following questions pertaining to the customers should you answer?

a. Questions about the customer's account
b. Questions about the customer's character
c. Questions about the customer's payment history
d. Questions about the customer's credit rating.

A. Questions about the customer's account

6. Which of the following is true of updating information on a medical record?
a. Information should be entered in pencil on the record.
b. A Single line should be drawn through the mistake and intitaled.
c. If a mistake is made in pencil, it should be erased and corrected.
d. it a mistake is made in pen, it should be blotted out corrent.

B. A single line should be drawn through the mistake and intitaled.

7. Examine the message shown. According to your knowledge of the proper way to take a message, the veterinary assistant should have.

a. Included the client's first name
b. included a good time for the veterinarian to return the call.
c. Handled in the matter herself.
d. been more specific. The message is unclear.

B. included a good time for the veterinarain to return the call

Veterinary assistant: Dr. Dymond's Office. Mary Speaking. Can I help you?

Caller: This Harry Smtih. I need to speak to the veterinarian about my dog.

Veterianry assistant, as she pulls Harry Smith File: Which dog is it. Mr. Smith?

Caller: Lady, The Colliee

Veterinary assistant: And what's the problem?

Caller: It's complicated, so I should problme explain it to the vet, herself.

Veterinary assistant: Well, All right, Mr. Smith, Hold on and I'll transfer you.

8. The veterinary assistant in this example transferred the client's call directly to the veterinarian. What could she done instead?

A. Put the caller on hold and asked the veterinarian how she should handle the situation.
b. Told the caller that vet was unavilable and request that he make an appointment.
c. Told the client that the veterinrain was unavailble and asked the client to explain the problem to her.
d. Nothing, The veterinary assistant did she could under circuments.

C. Told the client that veterinrain was unavaible ansd asked the client to explain the problem to her.

9. What you're using a call direction, a slowly blinking light accompanised by a telephone ring indicates a (n)
A. incoming call
b. call on hold.
c. conference call
d. station in use.

A. incoming call

10. One difference between a source oriented medical record and a problem-oriented medical record is that the.

a. source-oriented medical record provides a detailed medical history of the patient.
b. problem-oriented medical record provides better legal protection for the practice.
c. source-oriented medical record makes infromation retrieval much quicker.
d. problem-oriented medical record is much qucker to complete than a source oreiented.

a. Source-oriented medical record provides a detailed medical history of the patient.

11. To work in veterinary practice, all employees must complete a form 1-9 what infromation does this
form provide to the veterinary clinic?
a. The number of exemptions claimed by the employee
b. the amount of wages earned at the employee's last job.
c. The employee's eligbility to work in the united states.
d. The amount of taxes withheld at the employee's last job.

B. The amount of wages earned at the emplyee's last job.

12. You're sorting the mail in the veterinary office where you work when you come across an envelope marked "personal" addressed to the veterinarian. What do you do with his emvelope?
a. read the letter and respond to the problem or question peronaly.
b. Open the envelope and place it with the othe mail for the veterinarian.
c. Leave the envelope unopened and place it with the other mail for the veterinarian.
d. read the letter so that you can summarize the contents to the veterinarian.

C. Leave the envelope unopened and place it with the other mail for the veterinarian.

13. Jerry, a Veterinary assistant, has been asked to call a client abou a past due account. He handles the telephone call well - he explains to the client that he's sure the nonpayment is just an oversight. Jerry eve asks the client how her cat is doing, and mentions that the veterinaria has a payment plan available. The client promises Jery that she's mail in the full payment on Friday when she gets paid, what should jerry do?
a. Check with the veterinarian before telling the client this is okay.
b. Tell the client that she must make a least a partia payment today.
c. Write down when the client promise to pay in case he has to make a follow- up call
d. Nothing. A promise to pay is all that's needed.

A. Check with the veterinarian before telling the client this is okay.

14. You're covering the reception area in the veterinary practice when you work. One customer Mr. Smith has just had his dog examined and is about to leave without paying his bil. Payment in your office is expected when services are rendered. How shoud you handle the situtation?

a. Let Mr. Smith leave then call him on the phone to remind him he needs to come back and pay.
b. Let Mr. Smith leavem then send his name to collection agency for not paying the bill.
c. Shout to Mr. Smith across the room to come back and pay his bill before he leaves.
d. Politely asks he return to the desk, and quiently remind him that payment is due.

D answer Politely ask that he return to the desk, and quietly remind him that payment is due.

15. The total of all amount money owed to the vetrinary pratice is known as
a. accounts reveivable.
b. accounts payable.
c. net income
d. the debit balance.

I think the answer a. accounts reveivable not sure.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. You ask Mrs. Langan whether or not she has ever brough her dog, rex to the office before. She replies that she has, once, two years ago. Mrs. Langan's response is called.

a. Her message
b. Feedback.
c. A reference Point.
d. Tact.

D.

2. A new Veterinary assistant has overbooked a veterinarian for a particular day. In addition, the veterinarian is late returning from a class she teaches across town. The waiting room is backed up and some of the clients are getting anxious, and some of the patients are ovbiously uncomfortable. What should the assistant do?
a. Make an announcement to everyone that the veterinarian is late and you have no idea when she'll arrive.
b. Talk to the clients one at a time, begining with those who will have the longest wait. Ask them if they would like to reschedule, cancel, or wait.
c. Talk to the clients one at a time, begining with those who will have the shortest wait. Ask them if they would lie to reschedule, cancel, or wait.
d. Have someone go out an try and track the veterinarian down.

B. Answer

3. Whate are the components of the communication process?
A. Message, sender, channel, and receiver.
b. Messsage, interference, refernce poins, and comunications.
c. Feedback, speaker, voice, and listener
d. Feedback, sender, channel, and message.

Answer A.

4. Tanya became a veterinary assistant because she loves the work, but no matter how hard she tries or how many overtime hours she works, she never seems to be able to please her perfectionist boss. She has become so rundown that she often has to call in sick with a cold or the flu, and she's depressed much of the time. What is Tanya probably suffering from?

a. Burnout
b. Regression
c. Temporary withdrawl
d. Malingering

Answer B.

5. What's a monoton voice?

A. A voice that doesn't show a change in feeling or pitch
b. A pleasant voice that shows enthusiasm and warmth
c. A Type of answering services that handles calls during off hours
d. A low- pitched, rich voice often heard in speakers using a micricophone.

Answer a. I don't know that is right answer.

6. A client tells you, the veterinary assistant, that her cat, Gizmo, has had a lump on his neck for two days. What should you say to her.

A. lump is something to be concerned about.
b. Try not to worry. The doctor will be able to discuss your concerns.
c. Does Gizmo seem to be irritated by it? What about when you touch it?
d. Has Gizmo had cancer in past.

Answer B.

7. A veterinary assistant has asked a client," What brings Simba to the vet today? "The client won't speak and is glaring at the assistant. What should the veterinary assistant say to the client?
A. Well, I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
b. Are you deaf.
c. You seem to be angry with me. Have I done something to offend you?
d. Perhaps, if we knew more about how Simba was feeling, we might be able to make him a little more comfortable sooner.

Answer d.

8. A youn g woman with an obviously sick dog has just walked up to the reception area. The veterinay assistant has never seen the dog before, and a new patient named Freebie is schedule for an appointment at the this time. What should the assistant say?

A. Is this Freebie? I 'm Liz. I'll be out in a minute to ask you some question about Freebie.
B. The way that dog looks, it must be Freebie.
c. Hello There and have a seat.
d. The poor thing. Why don't you go straight into the examination room so your dog will be more comfroatble. What did you say your dog's name is.

Answer A.

9. Mrs. Keefer thinks her Siamese cat could be expecting kittens. She asks you, the veterinary assistant, if her cat'ss swollen abdomen means she's pregnant. You should reply.

a. "Yes, I bet it does".
b. "Probably. My Cat looke like that before, and she gie birth.
c. "I'm not sure, Mrs. Keefer. We'll just have to wait and see.
d. "I'm certain the veterinarian will be able to let you know for sure, Mrs. Keefer".

Answer D.

10. Mike, a veterinary assistant, usually wears jeans with holes in the knees and old sneakers to work. Al though Mike's a perfectionist, hi attire may indicate otherwise, What do this clothes say about him?

A. That he's the knd of person who likes to be comfortable.
b. That he's sloppy and a bit unprofessional.
c. That professional attire doesn't matter for veterinary assistants
d. That Veterinary assistant usually wear comfortable cloths.

Answer B.

11. A Co-worke coninually makes derogatory comments about your smoking even though you don't smoke at work. She's even brought in literature about the dangers of smoking and posted it around your desk. You feel harassed. You should.

a. Thank for her concern and ask her to stop.
b. Tell the veterinarian.
c. report her to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
d. Tell her off.

Answer A. or C.

12. Mr. Jackson has Just told the veterinary assistant, Nick, that his dog is dying. Nick's response is, "Im really sorry. Losing a beloved pet can be really tough. In this response, Nick is displaying which of the following personaility traits.

A. Tact
b. Courtesy
c. Empathy
d. Patience.

Answer b.

13. Select the word in which is H should not be enunciated

A. Wharf
b. Perhaps
c. Why
d. Honest

Answer c.

14. A client is explaining to a veterinary assistant why she decided put her elderly dog to sleep. The assistant says. "That's not as bad as wha happened to me. " The assistant has blocked the flpw of comminicaton by.
A. giving unwelcome advicce.
b. driverting the clients's attention.
c. giving false reassurance.
d. moralizing the converstation.

Answer b.

15. Melany, a veterinary assistant, just explained to a client. Mrs. Sanchez, how to give her cat is medication. Mrs. Sanchez looks confused, however, Melany is aware that English is Mrs. Sanchezs second language, and that she may not have understood her message. Mrs. Sanchez's limited English is second language, and the say may not have understood her message. Mrs Sanchez's limted English is one of her.

a. reference points
b. personality traits.
c. defense mechanisms.
d. nonverbal cues.

Answer d.

16. Frank has been a veterinary assistant for three years. He's competent and enjoys his work. Lately, howeve, he's been unable to get his job off of his mind. Sometimes, he even has nightmares about the amount of work he had to do, and he worries that he'll never get caught up. Which of the following is the
most positive way for Fred to cope with his stress?

a. Call in sick
b. Exercise
c. Drinking alcohol
d. Taking a vacation.

Answer B.

17. The veterinary assistant should neer let the phone ring more than__________________times?

a. One
b. Two
c. Three
D. Four

Answer b.

18. The assistant has been asked to call a client about a delinquent account. Which of the followin is the best way to handle the call?

a. Hello, is Mr. Pike there? No? Could you tell him Dr. Thompson's office called about this account?
b. Hello, is this Mr Pike? Liz from Dr. Thimpson's office here. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but if you don't pay your bill immediately we're going to have to send it to a collection agency.
c. Hello, Mr. Pike. This is Liz from Dr. Thompson's office. How are you today? Good, Glad to hear it. I called because I was concerened about not hearing from you in a while. I kno you've always kept your account current in the past. Maybe we could work out a payment plan for the amount that's overdue?
d. Richard? Richard Pike? Hi This is Liz from Dr. Thompson office. Remember me, the red head who went to school with your nephew? Yeah, how's old Kenny doing, anyway? He always used to tell the funniest jokes. Listen, the reason i'm calling_______ I really hate to have to do this, but it's business, you know? I was wondering, maybe we could work out a payment plan. A little now, then a little each month until your account is square.

Answer C.

19. There of the following remarks are insensitive to others, one is sensitive. Select the one remark that senstive.
a. would Eric and Jenna like to read? Here's a trick book for boys, and here's a cute little bunny story for Jenna.
B. Mrs. Lawson, go ahead and pour yourself and Mr. Lawson a cup of coffee of you like . I'm too busy to wait on your right now.
C.Mrs Lawson, didn't you tell me that Eric likes trucks? And jenna likes bunnies? here are some books they might like.
D. Somene will have to help to Mr. Lawson when he gets here-he's the one in the wheelchair.

Answer A.

20. A client and her Cocker Spaniel enter the office and approach you. At the same time, the veterinarian appears to request a file, the phone rings, and small child in the waiting room asks you for a book.

a. retreive the file the veterinarian has requestion
b. answer the phone
c. greet the client who just entered with the dog.
d. attend to the needs of the child.

Answer A.