CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

what does a high ly% mean from the vetscan vs3 range is 12-30

what does a high ly% mean from the vetscan vs3 ? range is 12-30 my freds is 34.9 while the ne% is -58.6 range is 62-87
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

1) What did the dog present to the hospital for - meaing the signs of illness?

2) Was the remainder of the bloodwork normal?

-
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
fred ate some grass did't concern me threw up,then he walked like he was drunk then he fell over with know responce for about 10 to 15 mins after,able to walk while drinking a lot of water .but was just laying around. they did do a fecal flotation a trace of red blood. the other test results were hcb -19.1, mch- 27.4 ,mchc- 41.6 ,plt-522
That number is XXXXX mild, often seen in a patient that has mild, non specific inflammation.

It is not something I would investigate further at this time with more invasive testing such as a bone marrow evaluation/aspiration.

If concerned, in 1 week repeat the bloodwork to confirm the value is back to normal.

More serious signs such as leukemia are often not considered until the value is greater than 50-60,000.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience: Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
witch one of the blood test would be the one to watch for leukmia
CBC would be used.

LINK HERE