Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal medicine since 2004 , also involved in working with animal rescue groups.
23926829

does it mean anything that my dogs gums are light pink/white

Customer Question

does it mean anything that my dogs gums are light pink/white ish... and has been randomly peeing like little spots and big spots.. like she was stitting on the coach and when she got up it was wet???
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 5 years ago.
Hi there
Pale or white gums is a sign of anemia-NOT GOOD! Your vet can do a blood count on her to make sure she is not anemic. As anemia can be life threatening! The sooner she is seen by a vet the better. Also, it sounds like she has a bit of incontinence, which there is medication that can help with that if your vet does not find any urinary issues. Dr. jenn