How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Berry Your Own Question
Dr. Berry
Dr. Berry, Veterinarian
Category: Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 803
Experience:  26 years experience in small and large animal medicine and surgery
50943215
Type Your Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Berry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are lawn toad stools (mushrooms) poisonous to dogs I found

Customer Question

Are lawn toad stools (mushrooms) poisonous to dogs? I found some in the lawn this morning after I had let my dog out. I removed them and dont think she ate any (1 year old boxer).
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Berry replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Berry :

Hello. I'm Dr. Berry. Thanks for your question. Mushrooms can be deadly poisonous. It depends on which species of mushrooms are in your yard. Only an expert can tell the difference between mushroom species. They can cause severe liver disease and neurologic disorders.

If you think your dog may have ingested any of these you need to induce vomiting and seek veterinary care. Keep any mushrooms that grow up in your yard remove them.

JACUSTOMER-w5nnym3f- :

How would I induce vomiting?

JACUSTOMER-w5nnym3f- :

and are there any symptoms that would suggest that she actually ate any? I have no external signs

Dr. Berry :

There may be vomiting and diarrhea. To induce vomiting you can give a couple of tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide.

Related Veterinary Questions